Welcome to the National Treasury Employees Union (NTEU) Chapter 72 website. NTEU is the largest independent labor union, representing over 150,000 federal employees in 31 different federal agencies. We are advocates for federal employees in the workplace, the courts and the halls of Congress.
We take pride in our long history of successful representation, negotiation, arbitration and lobbying for federal employees. NTEU was the first independent labor union to successfully sue the President of the United States (NTEU vs. Nixon), resulting in a win of $533 million in back pay for employees. NTEU also successfully reversed the removal of two IRS Service Center employees and set the precedent that the government does not have total discretion in penalizing employees (Boyce & Dixon vs. United States).
We are resilient in our efforts with lobbying Congress, defending your rights and negotiating issues that impact you everyday.
Being a member of NTEU Chapter 72 has many benefits; the most important being:
- Representation in your work area for all administrative meetings.
- Local and national negotiations for fair and equitable treatment of employees.
- Exclusive representation in non-criminal investigations and actions.
- Lobbying with Congress to protect employee rights and benefits.
- Representation during disciplinary actions, including legal representation by our attorneys.
We support our members and, if you’re not a member already, we encourage you to join today!